We assist physicians and patients in the treatment of many types of wounds including traumatic wounds, diabetic ulcers, and bed sores. Our pharmacists can prepare customized combinations of medications to that can perform the following functions:
- Debridement (removal of unhealthy tissue)
- Preventing infections
Commonly prescribed wound healing bases, developed to optimize therapy and minimize healing times, include:
- SpiraWash – A water washable vehicle with innate anti-pyretic, analgesic and anti-bacterial properties.
- Pracasil Plus – A silicone-based vehicle with dynamic healing properties.
- Poloxamer Gel – A bio-adhesive gel that facilitates collagen synthesis and microcirculation.
- Polyox Bandage – An anhydrous powder that creates an occlusive cover in a moist environment.